Dear Parents/Carers of Owls,
We hope you have had a wonderful Easter and have managed to enjoy the beautiful weather.
The theme for this term is Adventures!
Literacy: In Literacy, we will be looking at the traditional adventure story of Jack and the Beanstalk. The children will engage in lots of different writing activities based around the story and will end their learning by writing their own version of the story. This term, there will be a big focus on using adjectives to make our writing more exciting!
Maths: Our focus this term is multiplication and division of numbers up to 50 and fractions of numbers and objects but we will also be revising everything else previously learnt.
Science: In Science, we will be getting our green fingers on and learning about the adventures of a seed, all things plants and trees.
DT: In DT we will be planning, sculpting, and decorating a plant pot using clay and a range of different tools.
R.E: The theme for this term is Judaism and the big question the children will focus on is ‘What special times and people do Jewish people remember and celebrate?’. The children will also be participating in a whole school Hindu week during this term.
Geography: In Geography this term we will become map hunters and we will learn about all the important features in map making to help us make our own map of the school and surrounding areas.
Computing: We will be learning how to navigate around different online programmes based on plants.
PSHE: In PSHE we will be thinking about our school value of respect and also learning how to respect one another.
Choosing: In order to prepare the children for year 2 we have slowly phased out Choosing time. Choosing time has now been replaced with a weekly golden time session. However, in addition to golden time, the children will get a weekly Phonics or Maths choosing session where they can engage in a range of Maths/Phonics activities and games.
– P.E is on a Friday; the children need to wear their kits into school every Friday.
– Home learning books must be handed in by Tuesday in order to be checked and sent back out on Friday. It is your child’s responsibility to hand them in so please encourage them to do so.
– Please read daily with your child and record any engagement of reading at home in their reading record books. The children are making great progress in reading.
– Your child must be sent into school every day with their blazer and school headwear (caps/berets).
– Please remember to send your child in with a water bottle in every day, especially as the weather will be getting warmer.
If there are any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to ask.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Best Wishes, Miss Philpott, Miss Hayward and Mrs Daniels